Do Natural Ways To Increase Fertility Work?
Whether you’re having trouble getting pregnant or just want to boost your chances of conceiving from the get-go, you may be searching for natural ways to increase your fertility.
Taking the natural route means that you can avoid those unwanted (and sometime harsh) side effects that come along with conventional medicine. It also means that you’re choosing to treat the underlying problem – not just the symptoms – so you can overcome your fertility issues once and for all (not just hide them).
Here are 4 alternative therapies that may help boost your fertility naturally.
Acupuncture has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including infertility. If you’re searching for natural ways to increase getting pregnant that don’t involve supplements or lifestyle changes, acupuncture is a smart option.
To boost fertility, practitioners place tiny needles at key points along the body’s meridian lines to remove any blockages or imbalances of qi, or energy.
Acupuncture offers a few main benefits:
- It increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries.
- It regulates female hormone production.
- It tackles the root cause of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).
There are quite a few theories as to how acupuncture helps improve fertility. One theory is that the needles help stimulate the production of endorphins to rebalance the body’s natural energy flow.
Another theory suggests that the pressure exerted from these needles creates a tiny micro-current of electricity, which helps release prostaglandins into the bloodstream. When this happens, it signals the brain that it’s time to regulate the body’s hormones.
Whatever the reason may be, acupuncture has long been used to increase fertility, and even mainstream medicine is recommending this therapy to couples who want to improve their chances of getting pregnant.
If you’d like to learn more about how acupuncture affects fertility, I would recommend checking out the Pregnancy Miracle publication. It explains how acupuncture works in great details, so you can really understand how this therapy can benefit you.
2. Chinese Herbs
If you want to know how to increase your chances of getting pregnant, look no further than Chinese herbal therapy. Like acupuncture, herbs have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat fertility problems.
There are a few key areas that traditional Chinese medicine focuses on when using herbal therapies:
- Kidneys – Chinese raspberries, wild yam, saw palmetto, etc.
- Spleen – Ginseng, codonopsis root, astragals root, etc.
- Heart – Zao ren, Mu li, etc.
- Blood – Angelica, nettles, etc.
- Liver – Cyprus, milk thistle seed, zhi zi, huang lian, etc.
- Fallopian tubes – Playcodon, tribulus, astraglas, etc.
This list is by no means exhaustive. With a little research, you can find the right combination of herbs to boost your fertility and improve your overall health at the same time.
That’s the beauty of herbal therapy: it focuses on the root problem, so you can put your health problems behind you.
But just remember to talk to your doctor before starting any herbal therapies – especially if you’re currently on any medications.
3. Balancing the Doshas
Ayurveda is another form of traditional medicine that originates in India. It’s similar to traditional Chinese medicine in many ways, although the two are not entirely the same.
Once key aspect of this form of medicine is the doshas, which are the three energies that circulate through the body and govern the body’s physiological activity. There are three doshas:
- Vata: Regulates movement in the body.
- Pitta: Regulates the digestive system.
- Kapha: Governs the body’s structure.
Balancing the doshas will help restore your body’s fertility, or give it the boost you want to get pregnant faster. Here are some tips to help you balance each one:
If Vata is out of balance, you’ll feel anxious and out of control. You may have trouble sleeping, and you may start skipping meals. Digestion may be poor, and you may lose weight unintentionally.
To restore balance:
- Focus on consuming warm foods and staying warm. Vata is associated with cold, so balance this out by keeping your body warm.
- Perform a self-massage every day using warm, heavy oils like almond and sesame.
- Engage in light exercise.
- Add ginger root to your diet to improve circulation.
When out of balance, pittas may experience skin issues, excessive body heat, indigestion, heartburn, peptic ulcers and skin rashes.
To restore balance:
- Choose cooling foods to balance pitta’s heat.
- Make sure that you’re giving yourself time to rest and enjoy life.
- Don’t skip meals, and favor foods that are astringent or bitter.
- Opt for cooler clothes and colors.
When out of balance, kaphas gain weight, retain fluids, develop food allergies, extreme fatigue, and may suffer from diabetes or depression.
To balance the kapha:
- Establish a daily routine to avoid oversleeping.
- Stimulation is the key to balancing a sluggish kapha. Establish a workout routine, or make it a point to go out an experience new things regularly.
- Perform a dry massage every day to improve circulation.
- Stay warm and dry.
- Envelop yourself in stimulating, warm scents, such as cinnamon, eucalyptus and cloves.
Balancing the doshas in one of the many ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant through Ayurveda. Once balance is restored, you’ll feel energetic and your body will be ready to support a healthy pregnancy.
Yoga is a fantastic way to reduce stress, improve flexibility and get your blood flowing. Yoga will also help you fight fatigue and anxiety, so you can eliminate some of those barriers that are preventing you from conceiving. If stress is your biggest obstacle, adding yoga to your routine can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
There are yoga classes that are geared specifically towards fertility. These classes will focus on poses that will boost the functioning of your reproductive system. A simple Hatha Yoga class will work well, too. You may want to avoid hot yoga, vinyasa or an ashtanga class as these won’t give you the same calming effects.
If you’re looking for tips on how to increase the chances of getting pregnant, these four will help. From acupuncture to Chinese herbs, Ayurveda and yoga, there are many alternative options out there to help you and your partner conceive.